SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   My City Photos (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=321)
-   -   PHILLY | Running All Over (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=218043)

volguus zildrohar Jul 21, 2015 7:33 PM

PHILLY | Running All Over

Once again, it's time for a semi-regular submission of selections from the life and times of the City of Philadelphia as presented by yours truly and my gradually dying equipment. Thanks for bearing with me.

Video Link

One of my images was selected for a billboard along I-95 this past spring. Mom was pleased.

And thank you as always for your eyes and your time.

ThatDarnSacramentan Jul 21, 2015 8:17 PM

There's only one word befitting a thread like this.

Sex.

One of the best threads I've seen on this site. Next time I'm in Philly, we'll get you up to PSFS, get some nice views.

AJW Jul 21, 2015 9:03 PM

Ou la láá...pretty damn exquisite.

Ex-Ithacan Jul 21, 2015 10:51 PM

Looks like the equipment and the photographer are holding up quite nicely.

Congrats on the billboard. :cheers:

I really like this building:

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7632/...80be44fc_o.jpg

Thanks for the thread vz.

The-New-Tony-Detroit Jul 21, 2015 10:56 PM

It's not just your mom that's impressed.

Bra-muthafu#kin-vo.

Much love,

TNTD

Jawnadelphia Jul 22, 2015 12:10 AM

The Best - nuff said. Thanks, VZ.

Capsule F Jul 22, 2015 1:30 AM

Dope.

xzmattzx Jul 22, 2015 3:23 AM

Nice pictures!

arkitekte Jul 22, 2015 3:31 AM

Always on point with your Philly threads.

kingtut Jul 22, 2015 3:40 AM

You got it covered from infrared to ultraviolet .

summersm343 Jul 22, 2015 3:57 AM

Nothing like a VZ Philly thread to brighten up your day. You killed it as always. Keep them coming!

ColDayMan Jul 22, 2015 4:20 AM

Yup.

KevinFromTexas Jul 22, 2015 5:55 AM

Whatever hiccups your gear might be having, it didn't show. Your photos are still top shelf, dude. Congrats on the billboard photo.

Chef Jul 22, 2015 7:03 AM

Sometimes a photo thread is more than just a collection of photos from a city. This one has feeling.

PHL10 Jul 22, 2015 4:15 PM

Awesome set. I love the people shots.

Danny Jul 22, 2015 7:53 PM

Great Job covering Philly with your pictures, volguus! Awesome result.

Thanks for the pictures and greetings from Madrid, Spain.:tup:

fflint Jul 23, 2015 12:58 AM

I always look forward to your threads, and they never disappoint. I really love the way you capture light. And congratulations on the billboard, did you get paid?

volguus zildrohar Jul 23, 2015 3:18 AM

Thanks a bunch, gang.

ThatDarnSacramentan, I'll have to get you in this shot next time.

Ex-Ithacan, there's an embarrassingly nice supply of buildings on and near South Street that are probably overlooked frequently because of everything else going on there. It's worth looking up there too.

fflint, the billboard was more or less a prize so I wasn't paid for it. A local photo arts collective sponsors an annual event where they invite everyone in Philadelphia to take a photo on one specific day and submit it to them. They later display every submitted photo in their gallery space and select a few for larger display on billboards around the city and my submission was among the chosen.

The best thing about that event, though, is how it democratizes the craft of photography so to speak. People from hardcore pros to kids with smartphones participate (over 1,900 submissions last year) and they really do capture a wonderful collage of a day in Philadelphia.

ThatDarnSacramentan Jul 23, 2015 5:10 AM

^ Oddly enough, that guy kinda looks like me. Yet another great shot. You've got a great city, a really underrated city, and I can't wait to return (hopefully not in the middle of winter this time).

If there's one thing to testify to how awesome Philly is, let it be this: I have become a complete cheesesteak addict ever since returning, with enough good luck to have a cheesesteak diner run by a Philly family not far from downtown.

Centropolis Jul 24, 2015 9:27 PM

philly soul philly soul philly!

BIG OL SLAB AH GOODNESS.