SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mountain West (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Official Mountain West NBA Thread 2 (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=175119)

SLC Projects Oct 29, 2009 5:20 PM

Official Mountain West NBA Thread 2

2009-2010 Season.
This is the NBA thread for any NBA talk.
Here is the link to the first thread.....http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=120350

As a Jazz fan I have to say that it only took me watching ONE game to see that our Jazz are still just same old same old.....weak, gut-less, injured and fragile. :slob: Still have NO "D" and STILL can't win games on the road. Same team, only this year it's costing more to pay these jokers. 92 Million Dollar team?....What a waste of money.
45 games, 8th seed, out in first round. :hell:

scottharding Oct 29, 2009 6:03 PM

You created this thread just to post that? It must really be bothering you.

That's just part of being a sports fan. You'll have up and down times. Yeah, the Jazz kinda blew it last night, but as long as we have D-Will, I'll watch the Jazz, win or lose.
Besides, Denver is a tough team. Adding Chauncey Billups last year really changed them from a team with a lot of talent but no focus to a cohesive unit. They're a good example of what the Jazz could be if they'd commit and gel.

wrendog Oct 29, 2009 6:47 PM

Yeah, I wasn't too pleased with the performance, but dude, it was one game. The Jazz (and every team in the NBA) are going to have worse losses than that. D-will is going to be shockingly good this year. I really hope for a Boozer trade. Jazz need to bring in an interior defender. I would trade Booz for Chris Kaman straight up.

SLC Projects Oct 29, 2009 7:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottharding (Post 4530494)
You created this thread just to post that? It must really be bothering you.

:previous:
Well the other NBA thread got locked up for some reason. So I created this one, otherwise I would have just posted in the other thread. And yes it does bother me that the Jazz can lead up most of the game only to choke in the end. Same old Jazz.

Quote:

Originally Posted by wrendog (Post 4530599)
Yeah, I wasn't too pleased with the performance, but dude, it was one game.

Yes it was just one game into the season. But it just shows me that this is the SAME old Jazz. And that they can't win on the road.

wrendog Oct 29, 2009 8:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLC Projects (Post 4530743)
Well the other NBA thread got locked up for some reason. So I created this one, otherwise I would have just posted in the other thread. And yes it does bother me that the Jazz can lead up most of the game only to choke in the end. Same old Jazz.

Yes it was just one game into the season. But it just shows me that this is the SAME old Jazz. And that they can't win on the road.

Once again, it's one game. That one game was against one of the top teams in the league and they lost to them on the road. They are going to lose on the road, every team does. Relax and let the season play out a bit before we decide that the team is like last year and not able to win on the road.

SLC Projects Oct 29, 2009 8:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wrendog (Post 4530751)
Once again, it's one game. That one game was against one of the top teams in the league and they lost to them on the road. They are going to lose on the road, every team does. Relax and let the season play out a bit before we decide that the team is like last year and not able to win on the road.

Just wait and see. Sure they did play a good team on the road. But this Jazz season is going to play out just like last year and the year before. I mean already there have been injuries, Boozer sucks, and the team still can't win on the road. Give me ONE good reason why you think this team is going to be any different then last year's. It's the SAME team. No improvements.
I know Jazz fans like to fantasize that their team is somehow going to be the best in the west and make it back to the finals and win it all. But come on. It's the NBA where they favor bigger cities with bigger fan base. ( LA for example. ) It's all about the money.
Sure the Jazz might have a winning record. But it will all play out the same in the end. Jazz will be awesome at home, but suck on the road. Jazz will win around 45-50 games but end up 5th or lower in the rankings. Jazz will have to start the playoffs on the road, and lose most if not all road games. Jazz will lose first or 2rd round to Lakers or Spurs. Lakers will once again make the finals. Blah,Blah,Blah.....Rinse and repeat.

TonyAnderson Oct 29, 2009 9:47 PM

I will say the west is very tough, especially towards the top. I think 8th seed this year could compete with any team in the east. Many of the top teams have really improved with trades / acquisitions - San Antonio with Jefferson - Lakers with Artest - Nuggets with Billups - Dallas with Marion - Even the Clippers have a really nice team when healthy.

Green Bro Oct 29, 2009 10:47 PM

My Blazers will win the Northwest Division! Just watch!!!! Jazz suck...

pablosan Oct 30, 2009 12:05 AM

Melo looked great in last night's game. Ty Lawson was definitely the x-factor last night. His energy in the 4th really sealed the deal for the nuggets. Boozer was a huge let-down though. He really wasn't much of a factor in this particular game.

blm3034L!fe Oct 30, 2009 12:20 AM

Oh yeah I think the Nuggets will look real good this year. a few kinks to work out but ahh WOW I see the potential. Avalanche are #1 Broncos are undefeated and the Nuggets start off 1-0 Damn what a GREAT time to be a Denver Fan!!!

There were a few celebs in the Can last night Naughty By Nature, Tech Nine, Brandon Marshall With the Denver Broncos. :tup:

Giovoni Oct 30, 2009 2:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLC Projects (Post 4530743)

That wasn't the Jazz blowing it after leading.

That game looked exactly like many of the Nuggets playoff games after they stopped blowing out New Orleans last year. The game would be close until the 4th quarter when, for a number of reasons, the opposing team would seem to wear down or would have to take key players out because of foul trouble and the Nuggets, usually Billups +/- someone else in mid to late 3rd quarter, would take over.

I didn't see anything to worry about OR get too excited about from either team's perspective. Especially with the Nuggets home record in the latter part of last season.

Last year's 2nd seed against last year's 8th seed. Who incidentally looked the same as last year too. I'm not sure waiting around for the Lakers to get tired in the Conference finals every game is going to play out any differently than last year.

And given that LA is still LA and Denver is Denver and the TV markets haven't changed places... if you think it doesn't make ANY difference to how the league/officials think (not conspiracy mind you.. just the way they think in a split second) If they even get there again, they will have the same trouble playing like last night.

The major encouraging change I saw for the Nuggets was the way Lawson played, he looked just 'faster' then everyone else at times. Hopefully he won't break 2/3's into the season.

FrancoRey Oct 30, 2009 7:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Green Bro (Post 4531119)
My Blazers will win the Northwest Division! Just watch!!!! Jazz suck...

Correction. The Nugs will win the Northwest. ;)

If I'm not mistaken, two of the teams in your sentence are 0-1 and Denver is 2-0. ALL are as a result of...Denver. :D

The season is long. Relax NBA fans! There's still roughly 80 chances for your teams to make it right.

SnyderBock Oct 30, 2009 8:58 AM

There used to be 82 chances. These first two games are just as important as the final two games of the regular season. How many division races go down to the final game or two of the season. A single game in the season's first week that a team let slip away, could make the difference between going to the playoffs as division champs, or going fishing. 80 games and counting, time is running out. Teams must win now!

pablosan Oct 30, 2009 4:08 PM

Let's see what happens.

wrendog Oct 30, 2009 4:08 PM

Nuggs are lookin good. Nice win last night. The Jazz should bounce back tonight with a game against the Clips.

scottharding Oct 30, 2009 6:37 PM

Yes, the Nuggets look good, and as the defending NW champs, the division is theirs to lose. I hope the Jazz put up a fight, and maybe steal it back.

TonyAnderson Oct 30, 2009 7:36 PM

The NBA season has waaay too many games. I think many teams couldn't care less the first half. The good teams can turn it on when they feel it's time.

Giovoni Oct 30, 2009 8:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TonyAnderson (Post 4532529)
The NBA season has waaay too many games. I think many teams couldn't care less the first half. The good teams can turn it on when they feel it's time.

It's the regular season.. at what point after walking into a dark room is it appropriate to walk back and switch the light on? After you've tripped over the coffee table and broken your leg?

FrancoRey Oct 30, 2009 9:33 PM

:lmao: Lawls.

TonyAnderson Oct 30, 2009 10:46 PM

Many teams just turn it on when they're at home. There's so many games that just beating the bad teams on the road is good enough for many. You see it all the time. You can tell the difference by watching a regular season game and a playoff game - they're VERY different. Whereas in a sport like football, which has less regular season games, the playoffs and regular season don't seem that different at all. Because every game means something.