SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Canada (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   The annual roll up the rim to lose thread (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=197810)

mr.John Feb 22, 2012 7:05 PM

The annual roll up the rim to lose thread

It's that time of the year when Tim Horton doles out $60 million worth of prizes, and you have a 1 in 6 chance of winning,post your winnings in this thread

mylesmalley Feb 22, 2012 7:09 PM

This time of year is the closest thing I have to a religious holiday.

Now, instead of drinking laughably large amounts of Tim's tea, I can drink laughably large amounts of tea with a 1/6 chance of getting even more for free!

Rico Rommheim Feb 22, 2012 7:10 PM

I'd love to post my winnings here, but I haven't purchased anything at shit horton's in 5 years. That was back in the days when I had lost all traces of sanity.

mr.John Feb 22, 2012 7:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rico Rommheim (Post 5600928)
I'd love to post my winnings here, but I haven't purchased anything at shit horton's in 5 years. That was back in the days when I had lost all traces of sanity.

How dare you insult a Canadian treasure like Timmies :hell:

Rico Rommheim Feb 22, 2012 7:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr.John (Post 5600948)
How dare you insult a Canadian treasure like Timmies :hell:

I have news for you, I hate Ben Mulroney, I think the CN tower is ugly, I think the RCMP are a bunch of brown shirts, I never ate at Swiss chalet and I never said (or heard anyone say) the stereotypical "eh".

So, eat it.

mbeaumont Feb 22, 2012 7:47 PM

This year so far I've won 2 out of 3, Im surprised. Last year it took around 20 before I even won my first free muffin. Im sure my winning streak will come to an end very soon though

Coldrsx Feb 22, 2012 7:49 PM

You would have to purchase their poor excuse for flavoured ass water to be able to even have a chance at winning. Personally I am of the opinion that winners are those who buy good coffee.

Rico Rommheim Feb 22, 2012 7:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coldrsx (Post 5601025)
You would have to purchase their poor excuse for flavoured ass water to be able to even have a chance at winning. Personally I am of the opinion that winners are those who buy good coffee.

Well said!

Symz Feb 22, 2012 7:56 PM

I actually prefer McDonald's coffee over Timmies, but now that I'm back in college as a mature student they only have Timmies in the school so my Timmies intake has shot up.

So far I have won 2 coffees. I always pray for a Lexus though. Do they still give away Lexus'? Or is it just a Toyota now?

Josh M Feb 22, 2012 8:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rico Rommheim (Post 5600998)
I never said (or heard anyone say) the stereotypical "eh".

Lies.

Highinthesky Feb 22, 2012 8:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Josh M (Post 5601090)
Lies.

Or deaf

Rico Rommheim Feb 22, 2012 8:41 PM

Nope. People in Montreal simply don't say it.

LeftCoaster Feb 22, 2012 8:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coldrsx (Post 5601025)

:cheers:

/thread

MrOilers Feb 22, 2012 9:20 PM

I'm 1 for 1.

West_aust Feb 22, 2012 9:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Symz (Post 5601042)
I actually prefer McDonald's coffee over Timmies, but now that I'm back in college as a mature student they only have Timmies in the school so my Timmies intake has shot up.

So far I have won 2 coffees. I always pray for a Lexus though. Do they still give away Lexus'? Or is it just a Toyota now?

Unfortunatly for you it's a Toyota Camry Hybrid as the giveaway car this year!

Symz Feb 22, 2012 9:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by West_aust (Post 5601210)
Unfortunatly for you it's a Toyota Camry Hybrid as the giveaway car this year!

Well, I'm sure it's very economical.. :D

Vaillant Feb 22, 2012 9:47 PM

2 words: cheap coffee

MolsonExport Feb 22, 2012 9:49 PM

I just won a flavoured ass water. Should I be happy? :yuck:

north 42 Feb 22, 2012 9:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Symz (Post 5601042)

I agree, I switched to McDonalds a while ago, as their coffee is much better and more consistant. I'll still grab a Tims once in a while, if that's all that's around. Both are much better than that burnt tasting shit coffee at Starbucks though!

JHikka Feb 22, 2012 9:59 PM

So much hate for Tim's in this thread.

1 for 1 so far. Won a beigne.