SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=179)
-   -   Survey: Will BC Place Stadium go into SnowMelt mode for upcoming snow? (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=144894)

towerguy3 Jan 26, 2008 8:40 PM

Survey: Will BC Place Stadium go into SnowMelt mode for upcoming snow?

Yes or No: Will BC Place Stadium go into SnowMelt Mode for the upcoming snow?

Partial SnowMelt Mode or Full Snowmelt Mode? Partial means heating the interior to 23 degrees C, Full Mode implies blowing hot air between the two teflon layers to melt the snow accumulation.

It was lack of this action that caused the last roof collapse. I read in the report that the Snow alarm sounded 5, yes count'em folks, 5 times, and each time the Operator hit the 15 Hour Delay button.

If that's not mismanagement please tell me what is

so what's it gonna be: SnowMelt or No? I say Yes to Partial Mode:tup:

mr.x Jan 26, 2008 8:43 PM

I say no, if they're gonna get rid of the roof anyway. :D

Run out of the building, sit back with your popcorn, and watch the show!

Hopefully, they do...they had a PR crisis last time, I'm quite sure they wouldn't want to repeat it again. Even though the cost of turning the heat on is something like $250,000, it's still a lot cheaper than all the damage of not turning the heat on did.

Canadian Mind Jan 26, 2008 9:08 PM

is a survey really neccisary?

SpongeG Jan 26, 2008 9:09 PM

is it really going to snow

still nothing

i think its all lies lies lies

weather people just want some attention

mr.x Jan 26, 2008 9:28 PM

Snowfall warning for: Greater Vancouver
Issued at 12:55 PM PST SATURDAY 26 JANUARY 2008

SNOWFALL AMOUNTS OF 5 TO 10 CM EXPECTED OVER THE INNER SOUTH COAST EXCEPT 15 CM OVER HOWE SOUND AND WHISTLER. UP TO 10 CM OF ADDITIONAL SNOW IS FORECAST OVER THE INLAND SECTIONS OF THE NORTH AND CENTRAL COAST. THIS IS A WARNING THAT SIGNIFICANT SNOWFALL IS EXPECTED OR OCCURRING IN THESE REGIONS. MONITOR WEATHER CONDITIONS..LISTEN FOR UPDATED STATEMENTS.

LIGHT SNOWFALL OF 2 CM EXPECTED TONIGHT.

towerguy3 Jan 27, 2008 12:17 AM

$ 250,000 to order steam from the Steam plant next door to heat up the building?

mr.x Jan 27, 2008 8:07 AM

i don't remember the exact figure, but it's defintely 6 figures.

SpongeG Jan 27, 2008 9:34 AM

still nothing but a pitiful 10 minute flurry

towerguy3 Jan 27, 2008 6:25 PM

doesn't that steam plant deliver steam heat to many downtown hotels and towers?

towerguy3 Jan 27, 2008 7:14 PM

This is by far the biggest snowfall since the accident. We have 3 inches at the Burnaby Golf Course. How's the roof holding up?

towerguy3 Jan 27, 2008 7:22 PM

numinous and 23degrees webcams are no longer active...

mr.x Jan 27, 2008 8:15 PM

no snow here at UBC. but:

Snowfall warning for: Greater Vancouver
Issued at 11:36 AM PST SUNDAY 27 JANUARY 2008
5 TO 10 CM OF SNOW ALONG A STATIONARY BAND STRETCHING FROM NEW WESTMINSTER TO COQUITLAM. THIS IS A WARNING THAT SIGNIFICANT SNOWFALL IS EXPECTED OR OCCURRING IN THESE REGIONS. MONITOR WEATHER CONDITIONS..LISTEN FOR UPDATED STATEMENTS.

towerguy3 Jan 29, 2008 12:12 AM

expecting 10 cm tonight downtown; looks like they'll have to call in the steam for the roof

mr.x Jan 29, 2008 12:26 AM

i hope classes are canceled at UBC tomorrow....i could definitely see it happening at SFU.

towerguy3 Jan 29, 2008 12:34 AM

We still have 15 cm (6 inches) at the Burnaby Golf Course. This will be Snow Central tonight. Everyone give their updated snow depths...

We'll start with Howard Crosley at BC Place. Hi Howard. How's the roof? Will you be outside on the roof ring tonight keeping an eye for any snowflakes on the roof?

Remember Howard. No snowflakes on the roof. See one snowflake, call central heating, and ask for a quarter million dollars for steam, then send the bill to the Government:banana: