SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Completed Project Threads Archive (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=348)
-   -   CHICAGO | River Point | 730 FT | 52 FLOORS (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=131220)

spyguy May 11, 2007 11:36 PM

CHICAGO | River Point | 730 FT | 52 FLOORS

Height: 730 ft
Floor count: 52
Construction end: 2016
Architect: Pickard Chilton Architects
Developer: Ivanhoe Cambridge/Hines/Levy Joint Venture

http://imageshack.com/a/img834/8251/23q4h.jpg

http://imageshack.com/a/img537/9126/I2H7Zw.jpg

luvthebigbox May 11, 2007 11:45 PM

WOW!! Now that is stunning. Could not vision a building in that prominant location. Of that 's going on, this may be the topper. Excluding Spire

Jaroslaw May 11, 2007 11:48 PM

Looks OK...

But I am against filling in any of that space... blocking the E-W corridor like this will drastically worsen air quality because the wind won't come through. And that great view of the horizon from all the bridges will get eliminated. Well, it's already too late, with the Riverwiev and the Carley...

Nowhereman1280 May 11, 2007 11:53 PM

Holy Crap, that is a stunning building. I was expecting the architeqtronica to look more sexy like that. It also sounds like it might be above 700' if the hole is at 600 ft!

I really really like this one, Chicago scores again. I hope this comes to fruition! It would be better with a 50% increase in Height!

Nowhereman1280 May 11, 2007 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaroslaw (Post 2829792)
Looks OK...

But I am against filling in any of that space... blocking the E-W corridor like this will drastically worsen air quality because the wind won't come through. And that great view of the horizon from all the bridges will get eliminated. Well, it's already too late, with the Riverwiev and the Carley...

There's still the view of the horizon over the lake, I would much rather see that. I don't think that a building is going to block the river wind either. If you know about fluid dynamics, the wind will just increase speed and go around the building, it doesn't actually "block" the wind at all. If there is a wind it will get to where its going regardless of the presence of a building or two in the way...

spyguy May 12, 2007 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nowhereman1280 (Post 2829796)
It would be better with a 50% increase in Height!

I agree. Even something in the 800' range would satisfy me. I'm just a little bored with all the 600' office towers over the last couple of years.

Still, it's a very nice and sleek design. And Natarus will get that boat rental building he wanted so badly. ;)

nomarandlee May 12, 2007 12:04 AM

:tup: Dope as hell! Love the lobby especially. Build it now please....Man this has been an exciting last few days.:tup:

I think this one is going to need its own thread. It will be close to 700 plus its prominent location and its quality merit it.

ih8spires May 12, 2007 12:28 AM

I really like it. I think it will have the same effect on the river canyon that the Board of Trade has on the Lasalle St. canyon.

As far as Archetectonica in LSE, I didn't like it until it was shown how the opening will look from LSD looking north. I forgot who made the rendering of the skyline with all the new buildings a few days ago, but I was hoping Archetectonica would look more like that.

chicubs111 May 12, 2007 12:41 AM

Its was a good week overall for chicago...the spire got final approval, arqutonica, and this building . The only thing is arqetonica and the riverside tower were both being rumored to be taller than we expected for quite sometime, and it seems that developers have taken some height away. I remember this riverside tower was supposed to be in the 60 story range and arquetonica in the 80 to 90 story range. Oh well...i guess we are too spoiled in chicago. I just feel when we put information out there speculating on upcoming towers that we should make it a point that our tidbits of info are not finalized heights but rather just speculation.

BorisMolotov May 12, 2007 1:10 AM

Does this building have any tenants yet? Or is it too early?

Chicago2020 May 12, 2007 1:26 AM

Where the HELL did that come from???????

It looks Great!!!!

Chi_Coruscant May 12, 2007 1:43 AM

Great look but it will look greater if it is 1000 footer

HK Chicago May 12, 2007 1:44 AM

a 100-fold improvement over Arq/LSE... looks good!

Those riverfront lots are really part of the city center's western wall, everything behind the tracks is highly compromised in design, density, and height. So 1000' isn't that important since it won't have good neighbors, but it could help the skyline save face.

bnk May 12, 2007 1:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chicago2020 (Post 2829955)
Where the HELL did that come from???????

It looks Great!!!!

cool times.:cool:

Kngkyle May 12, 2007 2:08 AM

Absolutely love the design. It puts the arquitectonica tower to shame, although I'm sure the quality of the render has something to do with that.
If it was just a bit higher it would be even better (of course). Could possibly be my second favorite design of this boom, second only to Chicago Spire of course.

Saber925 May 12, 2007 2:23 AM

200 Riverside is a beautiful and elegant structure!

I was hoping for just this kind of standout building for the arquitectonica LSE tower.

Kngkyle May 12, 2007 2:26 AM

Here is a little diagram I drew up estimating the height.
http://runepixels.com/uimages14/height.jpg

So my best guess is 697 feet.

Tom In Chicago May 12, 2007 2:38 AM

It looks to be between 550' to 600'. . .

Kngkyle May 12, 2007 2:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom In Chicago (Post 2830069)
It looks to be between 550' to 600'. . .

It says in the article that there will be a terrace at 600'...

ardecila May 12, 2007 2:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chicubs111 (Post 2829887)
The only thing is arqetonica and the riverside tower were both being rumored to be taller than we expected for quite sometime, and it seems that developers have taken some height away.

If that means we get more towers to fill the demand, I'm fine with it.