SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/index.php)
-   Supertall Construction (http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/forumdisplay.php?f=323)
-   -   CHICAGO | Vista Tower | 1,191 FT | 101 FLOORS (http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=212182)

BraveNewWorld Jul 18, 2014 6:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SamInTheLoop (Post 6659939)
^ No, according to the New Yorker just a few months back, it absolutely is not.

I believe that some of the information contained in Wanda's massively flubbed press release was relating to an earlier version of the project....Other information was even more out-of-date - how many decades has it been now since Los Angeles passed Chicago up in size. Amateur hour doesn't even begin to cover it....

We have two very conflicting sources, so we'll just have to wait for Jeanne Gang to release the finished design I guess.

SamInTheLoop Jul 22, 2014 2:05 PM

News of this proposal on the E Wacker site is making me also wonder about if the plan I'd seen a year or two ago for parcel "O" between Aqua and BCBS on Columbus is still in the works.......that one was residential/2 flag hotel (at the time, at least potentials were SLS and Yotel), my guess is about 600-650'........regardless of whether that is still the plan, Magellan could be planning to launch two big projects concurrently (or roughly so) as the timing in this cycle is rapidly approaching optimum conditions - from both capital markets equity and debt liquidity/pricing and market fundamentals - to be able to support a a move that aggressive....

Michael12374 Jul 22, 2014 5:17 PM

shoutout to koodoo for the new drawing:tup:

ChiTownWonder Jul 22, 2014 7:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael12374 (Post 6664500)
shoutout to koodoo for the new drawing:tup:

YAYY! I've been waiting for this one! Never noticed how thick it is until i saw it in the diagram compared to other buildings. all that's left is 625 west Monroe!:cheers:

lu9 Jul 22, 2014 8:45 PM

new drawing? Where?

chris11 Jul 22, 2014 8:57 PM

Diagrams page

pilsenarch Jul 23, 2014 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SamInTheLoop (Post 6664210)
News of this proposal on the E Wacker site is making me also wonder about if the plan I'd seen a year or two ago for parcel "O" between Aqua and BCBS on Columbus is still in the works.......that one was residential/2 flag hotel (at the time, at least potentials were SLS and Yotel), my guess is about 600-650'........regardless of whether that is still the plan, Magellan could be planning to launch two big projects concurrently (or roughly so) as the timing in this cycle is rapidly approaching optimum conditions - from both capital markets equity and debt liquidity/pricing and market fundamentals - to be able to support a a move that aggressive....

You are correct, Sam. The O project is back on the boards with a similar program though without any Yotel extreme, unfortunately IMO.

Michael12374 Jul 23, 2014 6:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTownWonder (Post 6664792)
YAYY! I've been waiting for this one! Never noticed how thick it is until i saw it in the diagram compared to other buildings. all that's left is 625 west Monroe!:cheers:

:banana: about that...

ChiTownWonder Jul 23, 2014 7:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael12374 (Post 6666256)
:banana: about that...

YEA! i saw! now it would really be pushing it asking for the new stern proposal up there, but we dont have an accurate height yet so we may have to wait a little

wierdaaron Jul 23, 2014 8:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lu9 (Post 6664962)
new drawing? Where?

http://skyscraperpage.com/diagrams/images/77682.gif

http://skyscraperpage.com/diagrams/?buildingID=103808

lu9 Jul 23, 2014 9:16 PM


Saw it, thanks.

yaletown_fella Jul 24, 2014 12:16 AM

Chicago continuing its tradition of BEAST footprint buildings.

denizen467 Jul 24, 2014 4:20 AM

^ We've been secretly seeding the city with these just so a future Transformers movie can feature buildings that turn into combative robots. (There are only so many ways you can make semi trucks and Camaros interesting.)

N830MH Jul 24, 2014 5:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by denizen467 (Post 6667098)
^ We've been secretly seeding the city with these just so a future Transformers movie can feature buildings that turn into combative robots. (There are only so many ways you can make semi trucks and Camaros interesting.)

You know what I'm talking about? I watched Transformers 3 movies and I watched a whole movies.

SamInTheLoop Jul 24, 2014 2:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pilsenarch (Post 6665651)
You are correct, Sam. The O project is back on the boards with a similar program though without any Yotel extreme, unfortunately IMO.


Aha.......and design of "O" by bKL would be my guess...........(if you like, you could potentially employ the scratching head emoticon to confirm, the 'peace to the world' one to contradict) :)

pilsenarch Jul 24, 2014 5:50 PM

:haha:, so :koko:... no, wait! :notacrook: or maybe... :runaway:

SamInTheLoop Jul 24, 2014 5:54 PM

^ I suspected as much!

:)

rlw777 Jul 24, 2014 7:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by denizen467 (Post 6667098)
^ We've been secretly seeding the city with these just so a future Transformers movie can feature buildings that turn into combative robots. (There are only so many ways you can make semi trucks and Camaros interesting.)

I think Tom Hanks came up with that idea :)

http://www.i-mockery.com/blabber/pic...ransformer.jpg

BVictor1 Jul 25, 2014 5:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SamInTheLoop (Post 6664210)
News of this proposal on the E Wacker site is making me also wonder about if the plan I'd seen a year or two ago for parcel "O" between Aqua and BCBS on Columbus is still in the works.......that one was residential/2 flag hotel (at the time, at least potentials were SLS and Yotel), my guess is about 600-650'........regardless of whether that is still the plan, Magellan could be planning to launch two big projects concurrently (or roughly so) as the timing in this cycle is rapidly approaching optimum conditions - from both capital markets equity and debt liquidity/pricing and market fundamentals - to be able to support a a move that aggressive....

Will most likely be taller. Can't say more.

the urban politician Jul 25, 2014 2:05 PM

^. Ahh I love when people in the "know" drop us little hints


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:19 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.