SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/index.php)
-   San Antonio (http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/forumdisplay.php?f=447)
-   -   SAN ANTONIO │ 9th & Riverwalk │ 5 FLOORS │ U/C (http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=216935)

sirkingwilliam May 4, 2015 9:33 AM

SAN ANTONIO │ 9th & Riverwalk │ 5 FLOORS │ U/C
 
This is a 220-unit residential development planned for the Turner bowling site in River North next to the VFW.


jaga185 May 4, 2015 10:07 PM

I'm trying to picture the footprint but I don't see it. Either way, I love it and I still can't wait this to be a full fledged neighborhood.

mklunder13 May 5, 2015 12:31 AM

I really hope the development in River North starts incorporating mixed use. It's great that a lot is coming and already being built but in order to make it a sustainable, walkable community, the people of the community need to feel as if they have options within their area. Get people out of their cars and walking. But it's great to see that density is coming to that area.

JACKinBeantown May 5, 2015 2:58 PM

Yeah, all they had to do was add two or three spaces for ground level retail and this development would be so much better for the livability of the neighborhood.

Keep-SA-Lame May 7, 2015 3:00 PM

http://www.therivardreport.com/wp-co...-002.jpg?w=651

Here's a site plan, including the garage. Looks like the VFW refused to sell part of their land.

sirkingwilliam May 7, 2015 6:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keep-SA-Lame (Post 7018775)
http://www.therivardreport.com/wp-co...-002.jpg?w=651

Here's a site plan, including the garage. Looks like the VFW refused to sell part of their land.

If you could provide some content from the link and not just the link, that'd be better. :tup:

sirkingwilliam May 7, 2015 6:50 PM

New renderings of the 9th and Riverwalk development.


Restless 1 May 17, 2015 3:40 AM

guessing I'll be in the minority here, but
 
I'd much rather see skyscrapers in River North. Given the current boundaries of downtown, this may be the last parcels left for tall buildings, given that it is far enough away from the TOA and Alamo as to not detract much from what they offer.

If we continue to build low rise housing in all available areas, then DT will quickly become unaffordable for the grand scale this blog purports to support. This is a skyscraper page, not an "It's five stories, where is the retail?" page.

Keep-SA-Lame May 18, 2015 2:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Restless 1 (Post 7030103)
I'd much rather see skyscrapers in River North. Given the current boundaries of downtown, this may be the last parcels left for tall buildings, given that it is far enough away from the TOA and Alamo as to not detract much from what they offer.

If we continue to build low rise housing in all available areas, then DT will quickly become unaffordable for the grand scale this blog purports to support. This is a skyscraper page, not an "It's five stories, where is the retail?" page.

You must be new to SA. It's not exactly a skyscraper town.... :haha:

Seriously though, I'd love to see some high rises in river north (and myabe that 1700 Broadway project will have a high rise component), but I don't think the area is ready for it. If you plopped a high rise down anywhere that isn't directly on the river, it would just kind of be in its own little bubble for the most part since the majority of land use in the area is still light industrial.

JACKinBeantown May 18, 2015 3:25 PM

Let's hope there's some ground level retail in the garage. I doubt it, but having lived in NYC for 18 years I can verify that it makes an urban neighborhood sooooooo much better.

mklunder13 May 18, 2015 7:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JACKinBeantown (Post 7030961)
Let's hope there's some ground level retail in the garage. I doubt it, but having lived in NYC for 18 years I can verify that it makes an urban neighborhood sooooooo much better.

yeah, I completely agree. I live in NYC right now and the mixed use is amazing. It makes the community walkable. SA needs to get people out of their cars and walking within their communities and River North could most definitely be that type of community if ground level retail starts getting more incorporated in these projects.

WorldTexas Dec 31, 2015 12:07 AM

Fencing is up for 120 9th Street. Any update on its neighbor?

https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...e3&oe=570F3B74

PDG91 Feb 19, 2016 5:17 PM

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p...209_090853.jpg

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p...209_090911.jpg

Demolition of the Turner building taken last Tuesday

The Model Feb 23, 2016 3:50 PM

http://static.panoramio.com/photos/o.../128275234.jpg

The Model Feb 23, 2016 3:51 PM

http://static.panoramio.com/photos/o.../128275214.jpg

wwmiv Feb 23, 2016 5:14 PM

River North isn't really the place for many skyscrapers, IMHO. To draw the Portland analogy, this is more akin to the Pearl, where industrial land is redeveloped in a human scale dense neighborhood over time, rather than like the South Waterfront, where previously mostly vacant land (with some industrial) is envisioned and developed as a direct extension of downtown, with skyscrapers and all.

SAtown Apr 21, 2016 8:02 PM

FYI----demo work underway at this one, not sure if that counts as moving it to "under construction". Also, the project is called 120 Ninth Street.

NOLAmike Dec 13, 2016 9:39 PM

Any updates on this one? They demolished the former building in April & I haven't seen any movement since then. That's a shame because there's a lot going on in the area right now!

sirkingwilliam Dec 14, 2016 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NOLAmike (Post 7650441)
Any updates on this one? They demolished the former building in April & I haven't seen any movement since then. That's a shame because there's a lot going on in the area right now!

Yes, construction will begin soon.

jaga185 Jan 12, 2017 7:15 PM

Construction to begin next week!

Museum Reach apartment developer adds Carlyle Group as partner


All times are GMT. The time now is 7:56 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.