SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   London Issues, Business, Politics & the Economy (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=457)
-   -   I have had it up to here with F***ing Assholes ripping up parks with their vehicles (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=228340)

MolsonExport May 16, 2017 4:49 PM

I have had it up to here with F***ing Assholes ripping up parks with their vehicles

Goddammit this pisses me off to no end. These fucking assholes should be fucking shot.
Video Link

http://storage.sunmedia.ca/v1/suns-p...4_ORIGINAL.jpg
lfp

Same goes for those fucking assholes out speeding their motorcycles late in the evening, and those "rolling coal" pickup truck drivers.

Church cameras capture vandals tearing up London soccer field with SUV
http://www.lfpress.com/2017/05/15/ca...-field-vandals

http://www.lfpress.com/2017/05/12/lo...hicular-vandal

Seriously, why do people have to be such fucking assholes?

Dupcheck May 16, 2017 5:36 PM

These are the same A-holes that litter our streets with garbage. These people have no sense of community or by-laws. They need to be re educated!

Stevo26 May 17, 2017 1:16 AM

MolsonExport writes:

Quote:

Seriously, why do people have to be such fucking assholes?

Uh, because they can, and there's often not a lot of accountability or punishment meted out for vandalism.

They do it for kicks to make themselves feel better about their tiny, worthless little lives and so they can feel superior to others. And if they never get caught, they think they've really pulled something off, like they've 'stuck it to the man' and all that.

Personally, I think the best punishment for the idiots that ripped up the soccer field would be for them to have to dig up all that heavy, wet sod with shovels, put it into wheelbarrows and wheel it up to a dump truck that's located a fair distance away and then shovel it into the dump truck.

When they're done that, they can carry buckets of topsoil (not wheelbarrows, that's too easy) to the area they've dug up. And again, the dump truck will be located a good distance away so they really have to sweat carrying all those buckets of topsoil. And they have to carry two buckets at a time, not one.

Their next task will be to spread out the topsoil and fill up the area they dug out. Smooth it out so it's nice and level, then spread out grass seed and fertilizer.

When they're finished doing all of that, hand them an invoice setting out what it would have cost city works crews to repair the damage, plus the cost of topsoil, grass seed and fertilizer. Then make them pay it.

It should take them a couple of weeks of full time work to do all this, but it would get the message across loud and clear. And if the event is widely publicized and maybe even televised, other vandals might think twice about doing something to public facilities. The pillory and the stocks used to be pretty effective deterrents for bad behaviour, and I see no reason why this wouldn't work as well. :haha:

MolsonExport May 17, 2017 1:17 PM

I like your proposed consequences. Dammit, I hate the modern world of near-constant surveillance, but I also recognize that sometimes we need surveillance to catch these fucking assholes. These are the same guys that tailgate on the 401 and drive like reckless Formula-1 maniacs. Same guys that pitch their McDonald's and Tim Horton's garbage out of their pickup truck windows while visiting the Pinery. Same assholes that park their pickup trucks in handicap zones. Same assholes that have converted their trucks so they can participate in "rolling coal" (I saw one the other day).

harryc May 17, 2017 2:15 PM

I am sooooo with you on this. My local forest preserve is a flood plain and every year we have been able to watch at least one vehicle get pulled out - and ticketed - after getting stuck trying to drive out to the far shelter.

This year the field is being used for soccer (adult league) and I hope they help keep the A-Holes off the grass.

[ my 2 cents from Chicago ]

Blitz May 17, 2017 7:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MolsonExport (Post 7807606)
I like your proposed consequences. Dammit, I hate the modern world of near-constant surveillance, but I also recognize that sometimes we need surveillance to catch these fucking assholes. These are the same guys that tailgate on the 401 and drive like reckless Formula-1 maniacs. Same guys that pitch their McDonald's and Tim Horton's garbage out of their pickup truck windows while visiting the Pinery. Same assholes that park their pickup trucks in handicap zones. Same assholes that have converted their trucks so they can participate in "rolling coal" (I saw one the other day).

soooo...basically white trash

MolsonExport May 18, 2017 2:05 AM

Trash for sure. White or not, it matters not one wit to me.

HillStreetBlues May 19, 2017 11:48 PM

You actually saw someone "rolling coal" near London? I'm amazed by that, though maybe I shouldn't be. That's a foreign idea, though- why can't our skids show some creativity and come up with their own ways of being obnoxious?

Steveo26, your suggestion is good, and I honestly don't know why our justice system can't administer penalties like that. I wonder what "community service" people wind up doing who are sentenced to it.

But I'd be willing to accept any kind of sentence for people who behave like this. Possibly even public execution- why not? We're willing to send people to jail and ruin their lives for years to come for stealing to feed themselves, or taking drugs because they're physically addicted to them. The animals who vandalized that field have been given everything, live in a society that not only provides them with everything they need to live but even material wealth enough for them to afford a truck, and what do they choose to do with their privilege?

osirisboy May 20, 2017 1:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blitz (Post 7808091)
soooo...basically white trash

Racist

Stevo26 May 20, 2017 1:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by osirisboy (Post 7810495)
Racist

LOL. You'd be surprised to learn this, but sometimes the people white people are most racist over... are other whites, specifically 'white trash'.

north 42 May 20, 2017 9:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by osirisboy (Post 7810495)
Racist

It's not racist if you're white yourself, lol.

MolsonExport May 22, 2017 9:18 PM

Rolling Coal and Nighttime motorcycle speed demons. Biggest assholes in the known universe.

AbabelleS May 27, 2017 12:34 AM

yep. sick lazy people in my opinion