SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/index.php)
-   Southwest (http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/forumdisplay.php?f=643)
-   -   Barrister (http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=227361)

gymratmanaz Mar 7, 2017 5:20 PM

Barrister
 
Here is a new thread for the Barrister complex. :)

Obadno Mar 7, 2017 7:03 PM

Edit: found the renderings

http://azbex.com/wp-content/uploads/...ster-Plans.jpg

Lots more renderings: http://kjzz.org/sites/default/files/...n%206.1.16.pdf

muertecaza Mar 7, 2017 8:57 PM

Here's the best I've seen, I'll edit if I see a better one.

http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/6a36...-rendering.JPG

Source

biggus diggus Mar 7, 2017 9:23 PM

I wish I were in charge of naming this building... The Hitchcock.

dtnphx Mar 7, 2017 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biggus diggus (Post 7733313)
I wish I were in charge of naming this building... The Hitchcock.

Love that idea! Perhaps a bar at the back of the building called Rear Window? Highlight the building where the camera came in from a distance in the movie Psycho.

RonnieFoos Mar 8, 2017 12:27 AM

I took a spin around downtown yesterday and checked out Barrister. The section of the parking lot that is fenced off and being torn up is where the high-rise would go. So I assume the high-rises going up first?

fawd Mar 8, 2017 8:36 PM

http://i.imgur.com/s7DODI4.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/qWpNYJc.jpg

Jjs5056 Mar 29, 2017 3:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dtnphx (Post 7733413)
Love that idea! Perhaps a bar at the back of the building called Rear Window? Highlight the building where the camera came in from a distance in the movie Psycho.

I have always thought a rooftop bar called " The Bates " would be awesome... regardless, something should honor its history.

PHXFlyer11 Mar 29, 2017 3:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jjs5056 (Post 7755343)
I have always thought a rooftop bar called " The Bates " would be awesome... regardless, something should honor its history.

Would there be a Master (bartender) at The Bates?

dtnphx Mar 29, 2017 4:09 PM

A couple of more ideas to honor Hitchcock at the project:

Rooftop Aviary: The Birds
An office for Joe Arpaio: Psycho
A bungee jump contraption from the roof: Vertigo
A shop or bar on the corner of the Barrister building at 1st Ave and Jefferson: North by Northwest :cheers:

muertecaza Mar 29, 2017 10:00 PM

Delete

nickw252 Mar 29, 2017 10:50 PM

Does this development have a website?

doppelbanger Mar 30, 2017 12:52 AM

Does anyone know what is going on at Barrister now? They cleared out the old broken up asphalt, repaved that section and removed the fence this morning. Not sure if any of this has anything to do with the project, if they are using the surface parking for the NCAA events (lots of cars parked across 1st from TSA), or if it is optics (the city trying to make prominent downtown lot look nice for this weekend since there is no other sign of construction). Any ideas?

biggus diggus Mar 30, 2017 1:37 AM

I would laugh (out of frustration) if they scrapped it because of likelihood of the GPLET program going away.

It's probably not the case but it would be kind of funny.

RonnieFoos Mar 30, 2017 4:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biggus diggus (Post 7756456)
I would laugh (out of frustration) if they scrapped it because of likelihood of the GPLET program going away.

It's probably not the case but it would be kind of funny.

Did they apply for a GPLET for Barrister? I don't recall them doing so

ASU Diablo Mar 30, 2017 4:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonnieFoos (Post 7757108)
Did they apply for a GPLET for Barrister? I don't recall them doing so

Correct, this project didn't depend on GPLETs

Phxguy Apr 3, 2017 7:34 PM

Any updates for this project now that March Madness is over? Is any fencing back up?

PHXFlyer11 Apr 3, 2017 7:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phxguy (Post 7761040)
Any updates for this project now that March Madness is over? Is any fencing back up?

Well it's not over yet... championship is tonight... I doubt they would go jackhammer the pavement as soon as the weekend was over haha

Phxguy Apr 3, 2017 7:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PHXFlyer11 (Post 7761042)
Well it's not over yet... championship is tonight... I doubt they would go jackhammer the pavement as soon as the weekend was over haha

Ha, goes to show how little I care about the games!

PHXFlyer11 Apr 8, 2017 12:49 PM

Phxguy, I am with you now... I hope this beings to move. How great would it be to see this and Block23 going up at the same time? Anyone been by the site the last couple days?


All times are GMT. The time now is 6:57 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.