View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 24, 2023, 1:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1overcosc View Post
https://338canada.com/35044e.htm
338 is now saying that Kingston and Ottawa South , and Guelph, 3 ridings that the LPC won even in the 2011 meltdown, are tossups.

In Kingston the riding border will change to friendlier to the CPC in 2024 - the rural north end of the city which is more CPC than the rest of the city will be shifting into the Kingston riding. So if the riding is a tossup now, post redistribution it could be a narrow CPC lead.

I never imagined that my riding could be anything but a safe Liberal seat. And certainly not a Conservative one.

I wonder if the CPC nomination will attract someone high profile given its not a guaranteed loss anymore.
Even with current polls the Liberals are ahead of 2011 and the Cons are at about the same level. Certainly the Cons could win one of those three and equally lose a riding somewhere else as swings are rarely uniform but a sweep of those would need even bigger Conservative lead. Guelph is interesting as Libs won by a lot in 2011 after a close win in 2008 so I assume the MP was popular.