View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 17, 2006, 8:26 PM
Guess Who's Back?

I think Slugbelch is a bit pissed off, as are a few others, as he spends much of his spare time trawling sites to find really good pics for the forum.

If you read any of his posts, you will find that he never gets involved with forum politics or drawn into stupid conversations, that I for one sometimes have a hard time ignoring (I am quite opinionated but I'm trying not to be obnoctious all the time!)

Like my original surprise in thinking there was a conspiracy monopoly on photo's, as there is quite a 'clicky group' over at SSC, it can be concieved as detremental agendas to those unsuspecting others who don't understand the setup.

I'm sure that now that we all know what's what and all people are in the picture, there won't be any more issues that are now starting to clog this thread (partially my fault) with the things we all despise (but sometimes un-avoidable) in these forums.

Slugbelch always puts the photographer's name against each photo and so do I. If a picture is copyrighted then the photos can't physically be moved from the point of origin if it's done properly.

If they're there to be taken then we have no problems putting them on the forum with a name attatched.

It goes both ways, so anyone using pictures on a site should also provide a source, that both Slugbelch and I have unwittingly been subjected to as well.

Not that it's a problem, but when a problem is raised and highlighted, it's kinda one rule for one, and one for another, that can start to be annoying.

Although morally your probably right that we should get the permission of the photographers in these cases, but unfortunately this is the way of the web!

It's no different to recording the radio or copying a tape, loaning a friend a DVD or downloading songs.....all frowned upon and illegal but it's not policeable and everyone does it!

I think we're all here for the same reasons, so let's all just enjoy it!