View Single Post
Old Posted May 31, 2007, 11:00 PM
devout Pizzatarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardecila View Post
Remember, Evanston can just as soon deny BOTH towers,
oh, i don't think anyone is going to forget about that. the reason i made the poll was not to imply the inevitably of one of the designs being built, but rather to get more opinions about the relative merits of the two designs from what we've seen of them so far.

in nerdy statistic news, i discovered in looking through the emporis database that evanston has a chance to not only have the tallest building in the burbs, but it could also become home to the greatest concentration of highrise buildings in the burbs as well. currently schaumburg holds that title with 13 completed highrise buildings standing 12 floors or higher. evasnton currently has 8 completed with a further 2 under construction for a toal of 10. there are two other approved highrise proposals that will most likely go forward (1881 oak, carroll place), and a 3rd highrise proposal that is going through the approval process right now (1890 maple). assuming those 3 are all built, that would bring evanston's highrise total to 13, tied for 1st with schaumburg. and then of course, if even only one of these fountain sqaure towers should become a reality, evanston moves into the definitve role as suburban chicago's 1st skyline, both in height and number of buildings.

Last edited by Steely Dan; May 31, 2007 at 11:10 PM.