View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 2, 2009, 2:28 AM
if I sang out of tune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayreonaut View Post
Here's the new list, averaging around 4.5 days/city.

London *
Manchester
Edinburgh
Dublin
Paris *
Marseilles
Brussels
Cologne
Amsterdam
Hamburg
Copenhagen/Malmo
Berlin
Prague
Budapest *
Vienna
Venice *
Rome
Milan
Zurich/Bern/Geneva (which Swiss city should we go to?)
Munich
Luxembourg

Things might change a bit, but this is generally the plan.

I'm so unbelievably stoked for this, only a month left!
Its weird youre doing gritty, hip 20th Century Marseilles then going all the way back up north for Brussels. Maybe Lyon, France's second city (best food too, and a UNESCO Urban Heritage Site for the historic centre+ loads of new progressive development), or Strasbourg, possibly the most European looking centre in Europe, like in the fairy stories (its actually a border city swapping between French and Germanic styles as it once straddled both countries, with its population still working in Germany and living in France, and vice versa etc.), a mix of architecture in styles and ages, and threaded through with canals:

Also I strongly, strongly recommend Munich (perhaps over 20th Century Cologne) - its historic yet very very progressive, with a stunning Old Town, palaces galore, and amazing new architecture too, gorgeous parkland, and alot of bier. It recently usurped Copenhagen to take top spot for the world's most liveable city - and is very much a pulse of city planning zeitgeist at the mo'.

Last edited by muppet; Mar 2, 2009 at 2:52 AM.