View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 21, 2009, 1:15 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheelingman04 View Post
Sadly people are forgetting quickly. I didn't hear one person at work talk about it at all. The news coverage was a joke. MSNBC had the best coverage. CNN broke away several times to talk about meaningless, pathetic news. Of course FOX praised Bush the whole time like usual. He's like a god to them and the rest of the Republican party, even though the attacks happened under his watch as president. I don't need to say anymore about that prick.
One of the New York papers had only a couple of pages of coverage if you can believe it (this is a town where the papers regularly give "special" wraparound sections for relatively simple things). But I guess its a part of moving on. The problem is, there has to be a balance between "moving on" and remembering that tragic day. In New York at least, there should be a massive vigil, maybe handheld candlelights from Downtown to Midtown. I say it should be something massive because that day shook the city - and the country (lets not forget the rest) to its very core. It should not be allowed to slip away into just another tragic day in the city's history of bad days.

As far as the towers go, I regularly watch my WTC videos, including it's construction and ultimately it's tragic end. It never gets old for me. In fact, watching the new construction now, its all the more important to remember how and why the WTC was built in the first place, something even a lot of critics of the rebuilding don't get.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.