View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 2, 2009, 8:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alabadrock View Post
I started this convo I think in the Tuscaloosa thread, I figured it would be more appropriate to continue it in this thread.

Anyways, I was suggesting that considering the growing population of the University, something is going to have to be done for transit once the school simply becomes too big for the campus roads and sidewalks to handle.

In the future, I think it would be a good idea to look into what they have at West Virginia University in Morgantown: Morgantown Personal Rapid Transit

Andrew T...
The Morgantown PRT System is very cool but I think the effectiveness is related to the completely unique situation of separated campuses and physical orientation of the city. You're definitely right though that Tuscaloosa should be looking into an alternative transportation system.

You know...those are some really poorly designed stations, considering how limited build-able space is in Morgantown, they sure did devise some real estate hungry stations.
"Make no little plans. They have no magic to stir men's blood and probably themselves will not be realized. Make big plans. Aim high in hope and work. Remembering that a noble, logical diagram once recorded will not die."