View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 3, 2010, 12:44 PM

Central Metro Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLC Projects View Post
So it looks like the planned 3-story West Jordan library is about to break ground. Since that is in my neck of the woods I drive pass that site all the time, and just within the last few days crews have been clearing out that site, and now there's a fence with a few backhoes on site as well as a trailer. No work as been done as of yet. However, the site looks like it's getting ready for a ground breaking that could take place next week. ( Monday maybe ) I'll keep you all up to date since I can see all of this just by looking out my window.

MHTN Architects

The new West Jordan Library will be the new central headquarters for the Salt Lake County library system. The library itself will be approximately 20,000 sq. ft. The administration area that includes management, customer support and information technology will be 20,000 square feet as well and will replace the current administration area in Whitmore Library which has been undersized for quite some time. In addition there will be a large 15,000 sq. ft. community room for use by library patrons and the local citizens as well.

MHTN Architects, Inc. has been selected as the design firm for the new West Jordan Library.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLC Projects View Post

Here are a few pics I took of the project. Not much to see yet. Just alot of earth moving.

Nov. 1, 2010.
West Jordan Library Project

Photos by Lee Powell