View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 18, 2010, 3:06 AM

Just today, I was in the Golden Mile and pointed out to my wife where Pedelli's was ( I probably last had it when I was about 8 around 1983; there was also a bakery in the Golden Mile, and I used to go with my dad to Book and Briar when he was buying new pipe tobacco. I think you could smoke up right in store.

Don's Photo was crammed into a little shop on Vic and McIntyre. We also had Happy Shopper in the Whitmore Park shopping centre (now Mac's) and strip mall by the uni (became Jim Dandy's, now Mac's, but that Happy Shopper was originally at the east end of the mall). Also a CIBC in that mall--Now Subway/Mormons, I think where HP used to be.

Most cherished was this little comic book/used book store in the mall on Gordon, now where Boston Pizza is. The shop was on the west side of the mall. As a 7 or 8 year old, it was my intro to commercial heartbreak: every other week my mom took my brother sister and me...then one week, it was just closed. REGINA'S BEEN BREAKING MY HEART EVERY OTHER WEEK SINCE!

Oh, and what about that music t-shirt, water pipe, zippo lighter, switchblade, incense-smelling, etc. store that used to be on the Scarth St. Mall?

Last edited by twothirds75; Nov 18, 2010 at 3:17 AM.