View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 13, 2011, 11:21 AM
The New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nouvellecosse View Post
But almost every current development in Toronto (and much of the world) is trying to be modern. I'd say that they way to get a development to stand out is to not piggy back on current trends.

That said, I'm not 100% sold on the styles I'm seeing either, mainly because there's too much going on for such small spaces. Designs like these require large rooms with grand architectural features too look their best. Shoe-horning these elaborate designs into such small spaces doesn't look natural. It seems like the walls, floors and ceiling are just broken up into too many competing colours and textures.

Actually I think my criticism is that I'd rather see the design be more modern and less PoMo.
I imagine we'll see more of these over the top, hyper textured interiors. Todays generation find most things far too bland, boring, and pedestrian. They crave more visual interest. I wouldn't mind a departure from the conservatism of the past. I've had enough of beige on beige on beige.