View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 20, 2011, 5:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornholio View Post
Dunsmuir is a parking lot. If one is traveling to Stanley park the time required for the trip is doubled at almost all times of the day. Before the lights were synchronized and you would make it accross downtown without stopping once every time. Now even outside of peak traffic times it is impossible to make it through without stopping atleast 2 times if not more, each time causing you to wait 3 or so min at a light while idling, and then having to speed up again to the say 20-30km an hour only to stop again a few lights down.

Personally I want the next council to remove these "trial" bike lanes as quickly as possible. That is my number one priority, and may other peoples. Too bad not enough people care or even know about the city elections except for the "nimby" types.
Waiting at least 2 lights in a stretch of 11 intersections with lights (to Burrard) and 17 with lights to Stanley Park does not sound bad to me. That actually sounds really good!!

There is no way that the wait at each light is 3 or so minutes. I can't buy that. 90 seconds yes but not 3 minutes. Maybe because of the traffic it sometimes takes 3 minutes to get through a light but I could not see that happening at an off peak time.