View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 23, 2011, 1:33 PM
Because I'm Clever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapatan View Post
The tower definitely would not be 1170 total without the spires, if the original height was 1240 and you subtracted 54 feet (27 feet per floor that would leave 1186)

I think it's more logical that the roof is at 1170 but there is either no spire or they've been shortened, or the final height is 1270.
First, as a point of clarification, it appears that 3 floors were removed. 2 mechanical floors near the podium were removed, plus one more near the crown which appears to have been an office floor of typical 13'6" height. If you look at the description as cut & pasted in post 1 of this thread, it talks about 54 office floors. The current page only mentions 53 office floors. The other point that I don't think I made clear, was that it's not just simple subtraction. The trading floors are a bit lower (except for the top trading floor, which is a bit higher likely to house the setback roof).

Given that we know the height of the floors are 13'6" (the same as 2, 4, and 7 WTC), there's no way I can see a way to bridge the ~80' gap. If you, or anyone else, has information or sees something specific that I missed, let me know. 1170 total makes more sense to me right now than 12xx total. I could be wrong here, but that's what I'm going with on the model right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
No need. All official numbers will be released or confirmed in time. We're not going to start a whole new discussion/debate on what the height numbers are, we've been down that road enough times already, an no need for anyone to get overly excited or annoyed.
Unlike some of the other buildings on-site, I have never had insider info on Tower 3. So I'm really trying to find alternative hypothesizes to bridge the gap that's shown up. While I think, so long as we keep it civil, it's fine here, I'll defer to you on this. If anyone has more input, I invite them to post in my WTC/NYC model thread. No one really cares (I think) if that thread gets ruined or derailed.

Last edited by STR; Jul 27, 2011 at 3:42 AM.