Thread: Sactown Photos
View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 18, 2011, 2:59 AM
BUFF$LUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wburg View Post
I was an utterly nerdy high school kid in those days, about as far from Marc Almond as physically possible. I would take the bus (and after 1986, light rail) downtown to visit Comics & Comix and other downtown comic & book shops (like World's Best and House of Monkey) and the record stores on K Street (Records on K, Tower Records and Makoto Records all on the same block!) While I was there I'd often admire the amazingly beautiful girls in cat-eye glasses and faux leopard-print jackets hanging out at Espresso Metro or Java City but didn't have the guts to actually talk to them.

Here's a picture taken inside the Maydestone, pre-rehab (and no, I am not in the photo):

The building in your photo above is the Ruhstaller Building, which was the taproom and office building for the Ruhstaller Brewery on 12th and H. Recently a couple of guys (JE Paino and Peter Hoey) brought back the "Ruhstaller Beer" name--wouldn't this be a perfect place for a new Ruhstaller taproom? It's a couple of doors down from that new seafood place, Blackbird, that will have live DJs spinning while people dine.
What an awesome photo. Those chicks look really edgy, in their black, hanging out by the bay window. I love it.

It's a shame that some really cool spaces sit there as vacant office space, instead of art studios/apartments. Midtown sort of has that going on, but downtown J street doesn't, and that makes me sad.

A few months ago I had a dream, and I vividly remember this dream because it was so cool.

I got this off google maps so it's kinda lowsy, but you know this little mini mart on K street with the open neon sign?

I had a dream that I lived there. Like, if you walked by all you would see if my living room... Couch, tv, coffee table, etc etc etc. And I remember looking out the front window and seeing my 'view', which was a bunch of people walking down k street. And then I woke up and was like " whoah, that was a hella cool dream. I wish I really lived there."

and every time I pass that mini mart, I just think about that dream.