View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 4, 2012, 4:57 AM
Ex Houstonian

I decided Im going to buy the D300s because I used a D700 today and it automatically crops your pictures while using a DX lens and it goes from 12 mgpx down to 6 and when its on a DX lens theres nothing you can do to change that. So, instead Im buying a D300s and I was also able to buy with the money I will save by buying the D300, the R1C1 macro flash. I have the Nikon 105mm macro 2.8 vr already but couldnt get spectacular macros of insects like Ive wanted, so this flash will do the trick. Now I just have to wait for spring for all the bugs to come out.

Excuse the crappy iphone pics.

On another note its very hard to find any D300s bodies anywhere right now. All the camera stores in Houston are sold out and every online store that reputable is back ordered and or out of stock. I hope the prices arent about to be jacked up. Nikon has come upon hard times, with the tsunami and then all the flooding in Thailand which wiped out more of their plants.

Last edited by photoLith; Jan 4, 2012 at 5:21 AM.