View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 25, 2012, 1:29 AM
Hmm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welkin View Post
I am glad to see that they are making improvements to the stadium. I have the feeling that these "temporary seats" will probably be there for several years. You don't drop $14 million on temporary seats for just a season or two. The reality is that there is just no funding available in the public and private sectors to build a $250 million outdoor stadium or $600 million indoor stadium right now. Mayor Fiacco was the driving force pushing for a new stadium and he is not running for re-election (maybe because he doesn't want to have to deal with the non-stadium issue for the next few years) and there is nothing that says the new Mayor will be as passionate about building a new stadium. Hopefully these renovations should hold us for awhile.
Yes.. you're right... it is for a few years. It says so in the articles and videos. It will last until 2016 or so when the new stadium is complete . And I still love how the budget keeps ballooning whenever people talk about it. $480 has become $600 in the span of a year, even though we really don't know what the cost would be as the design will most likely be different.

And for the love of God, can we please just wait until they flesh this out/negotiate/actually release information before we just declare that "there is no funding available"? The pessimism really is rather depressing.