View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 23, 2012, 2:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanlutz View Post
I have made few contributions lately after my Apr 9 visit to downtown and trying to capture what LA looks like today. I have enjoyed this site so much in the last month and a half and now up to page 150. I come here to the present day pages to see what is happening, to post, and share new stuff. I was visiting my Flickr account today searched on LA. I came across an account called "Metro Transportation Library and Archive". They have 100s of pix there if you're interested. I know at least one guy who joined here claimed to be quite an authority on the Red Car line. Here's one to get you started on Flickr and you can follow for more if you like. Does anyone happen to know if the Bus station here is the same one that became the "grand" and now former one at 6th and Los Angeles Street?

023 - MTA 1515 San Pedro Line Main St. Sta. 19581206 AKW
Photographer: Alan Weeks From Flickr Account: Metro Transportation Library and Archive

Thanks for the comparison, Gaylord. It is now obvious that two of the Bus Depots which are no longer Bus Depots are across the street from each other. It seems the first depot which is today the same building on the right, and the 1965 Bus Depot which is now a "Mart" and also a huge parking garage, is in the same spot where the Red Cars were in 1958.