View Single Post
Old Posted May 28, 2012, 8:34 PM

Location: The absolute western-most point of the Philadelphia urbanized area. :)
Granted that is some suburban architecture, but to say that it's uninteresting... would be apalling to me... That is some sweet architecture.

Regarding oil companies building their HQs in downtown and their activities, EQT is HQ'ed in downtown, Gulf Oil was in downtown, do/did they have acive respecive drilling activities in town? What does it matter? I'd still like them (drilling companies) to build their hq in downtown because it would likely lead to more highrise development, but in the long run, if they do still choose a suburban campus-type development (as in, away from downtown) versus building a new signature highrise development in Downtown, I'm all for that. In the long run, it's still impacting greater Pittsburgh. As long as they invest in the region in some way, I'm happy...

So, to put it another way... If it impacts Pittsburgh in the long run, yay. If it means they flock to the burbs for their hq building as opposed to building a huge building downtown, still, yay...

Last edited by Jonboy1983; May 28, 2012 at 8:48 PM. Reason: added commentary