View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 11, 2014, 7:51 PM
Inflatable Hippo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surrealplaces View Post
I remember wiring my boss's place (a single family home) for CAT5 around 2003ish. At that time it was not standard at all for houses, so I'm guessing the same for condos.

I agree about the wireless congestion. Yes, wireless is very handy, and new wireless AC can/will provide good bandwidth, but I would always take wired over wireless any day for varying reasons. Wireless should only be used if wired isn't available.

On a side note there are ways to retrofit ethernet cabling without getting expensive. I wouldn't make it a deal breaker if they found a place they really liked.
They're planning on renting for the foreseeable future. So I'm not sure that retrofitting in an option. They're finance types with some unpopular opinions on the health of the Canadian condo market.

I'm just surprised because come 1996 you could get broadband just about anywhere in Calgary. It seems like it would have become a basic expectation in all new housing a lot sooner.