View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 17, 2015, 12:24 PM

Google Fiber Comes To Salt Lake City

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatman View Post

Google Fiber is apparently making good progress in Salt Lake City. I really enjoyed Fiber when I lived in Provo, and I'm pretty excited to get it here in SLC too.

An email I got from the Fiber Team:
Hey Salt Lake City,
Have you seen us around town lately? We’re the ones with hard hats and dirt stains on our clothes.

Over the last few months, our team has been drawing up blueprints for our new fiber network in Salt Lake City. But that was just the start.

We're doing some heavy lifting – literally – to bring Google Fiber to communities throughout Salt Lake City. There are crews working on the streets with boom trucks, tunnel boring machines, and rolls of cables as we form the foundation of our network.

We'll be sure to let you know if we're going to be doing construction near your home — but here's a sneak peek at what we're up to.

There’s a lot to do, but we’re working hard to make sure we get it right. If you haven’t already, you can follow us on Google+, Facebook, or Twitter to hear more about what’s next.

See you around town,
The Salt Lake City Google Fiber team

This bright orange roll of conduit covers our fiber to protect it from the elements as we lay it underground. We’ll be installing enough fiber in Salt Lake City to run from here to Canada.

Safety is always a priority for us. By using a vacuum and potholing equipment to locate existing utilities, we can work around important infrastructure as we lay our fiber.

We use a lot of different types of equipment to lay fiber. Here we’re preparing the horizontal directional drill to place conduit underground.

Last edited by delts145; Jun 19, 2015 at 8:54 AM.