View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 27, 2015, 6:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
A few pictures from around Bagtown (I mean Sackville) from today.

The Bridge Street reconstruction continues. I believe it was supposed to be finished by now, but there have obviously been some unforeseen delays. The below ground infrastructure is complete, and the sidewalks and curbs have been done but the road surface still needs to be completed as well as the decorative street lighting and the landscaping. I think it'll be a race to see this all done before winter sets in.

Joey's Pizza has been refurbished, and they have expanded next door with a sister business (a pub and grill) which is named the Split Crow. I wonder if this is associated in any way with the Split Crow in Halifax? I assume so. The two businesses together are called Joe and the Crow which I kinda like. The building facade looks really good.

This is where Sackville United Church used to stand. The lot has been cleaned and levelled. The rumour is that another four storey apartment building is to be built here. I wonder if it will be a clone of the building in the background? I have a hunch it will be as I think it is the same developer, and since the building is within spitting distance of the Bridge Street/Main Street intersection, I'm sure they would like to have the option of ground floor retail or office space.

Overall, some fairly big changes for downtown Sackville........
Seen a couple of business's on Bridge Street for sale, and wondering if it will change the face of Bridge Street or nah.