View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 31, 2016, 3:08 PM
disneypilled verhoevenist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Orange View Post
Finally, I'm very intrigued by Manchester, NH. I’ve never been to NH, but from Google Maps, Manchester looks promising. It seems to have a great, if small, historic core and it seems that it hasn't been overly-gentrified yet. The proximity to both Boston and the White Mountains might allow me to get both my city and mountain fix pretty easily.
i've always been intrigued by portland, maine, myself. you have proximity to mountainous parts of new england, boston, and a relatively wild seacoast, of course. new england feels damned good in summer.

also, i've always thought that sacramento was a bit of a sleeper, very overlooked outdoors-type city with reasonable weekend type proximity to the sierras, coast range, coasts/beaches (santa cruz, etc), and of course SF.

SF/Bay Area casts such a massive shadow over Sacramento. It's interesting to think of what Sacramento would have been like had it been along the coast where Eureka, CA is around 300 miles north. It would have been an interesting pacific northwest/nor-cal hybrid, perhaps.

Last edited by Centropolis; Mar 31, 2016 at 3:29 PM.