View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 17, 2016, 2:06 PM

I used the term pseudo-intellectual just because they usually don't go very deep and there is no big philosopical debates on issues they present. Things are presented to affect our emotions rather than our intelligence which is the purpose of a news channel I guess. There is really an insidious control of Radio-Canada by the left if it's a good thing or not that I don't know, history will tell us. IMO Canadians should be intelligent enough to have a fair and honnest view of issues presented to them so they can figure out what to think for themselves. If you don't trust them that's where you start lieing, presenting one side of the story and ignoring subjects you don't judge "politically correct". There is this tv show in France "On n'est pas couché" and they sometimes receive guests that are considered right wing thinkers on their set and the things that are being discussed would never be said on air in Québec. Most thinkers that go on this show are very intelligent and logical, rightists and leftists, and it makes some very good "clashes". So from what I see there is far more freedom of speech in french medias than here in Canada and that could explain why there is no right wing movement here, if it's a good thing or not well... Radio-Canada was always talking against Harper because he was cutting their budget under his reign and since Trudeau has been elected he gave them the credit card and a 675 millions budget on five years, just that should make us doubtful of their parity.