View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 6, 2016, 5:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TbayON View Post
Not sure if there is still a permanent gallery there, but it is used by DefintelySuperior for their urban infill annual art exhibition. I think other group(s) operate out of the building too. The upstairs is, well, for lack of better description, just loaded up with shit and junk.
Definitely Superior's permanent gallery is in the basement of the Eatons building, and has been there for many years. The Urban Infill temporary galleries happen all over downtown.

There's a large open space just outside the DefSup space. In recent years, it has been used as an arcade machine auction space, roller derby practice area, City Band practice area, theatre space, and until the Fire Marshall finally put his foot down, an event space for DefSup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TbayON View Post
If I am reading between the lines correctly, this story makes it sound like its coming down (that's the feeling I get anyways).
There was an open house in the spring for the future of Victoriaville. The options presented were A) tear it down, B) tear it down, and C) nebulous maybe repair option. It was so skewed I'm not sure they've really considered what would be needed to keep it going.