View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 8, 2017, 5:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aberdeen5698 View Post
There's already been countless instances where we've had to take corrective action to mitigate the damage we've been doing. Just look at acid rain, the hole in the ozone layer, the huge smog problem that Los Angeles had, and the pollution problems that China is having today.

You'd have to be an ostrich with your head in a hole to believe that we can't screw up the planet to the point of creating making life very difficult for ourselves.
None of that amounts to destroying the planet. Transforming it for the worse, sure. But the planet will survive any and all of those, even if humans wouldn't.

Anyway, as I've said before, painting those who don't buy the climate change alarmism as somehow against clean air or environmental preservation or in favor of pollution is absurd.

I'm 100% for reducing particulate and toxic emissions from cars and industry, I'm 100% for preserving nature, I'm 100% for clean energy such as nuclear and solar, I'm 100% for sustainable development, I'm 100% for recycling and reducing waste in landfills and dumping waste into oceans and rivers. No one is against any of that. It's our approach on how to get there that differs.