View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 28, 2017, 4:40 PM
Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajiuO View Post
That is a vast improvement on OC Tanner. I wish they would do the same thing to the triad Center. Ushualy I love tall building, but I’m actually glad that the triad center did not build all the skyscrapers they had originally planned. Would have looked so ugly.
On the three, huge blocks west of temple square there is only one building that isn't ugly, the Devereaux Mansion. If and when the LDS Church develops on their vast swaths of parking, everything else either needs to be renovated (the Triad Center) or torn down and replaced (Plaza Hotel, library, museum, and old Dees).

While I'm on the subject, there should also be 2-3 streets with protected view corridors of the temple, at least one of those corridors should be from 300 West all the way to West Temple. Any other new streets or walkways shouldn't travel straight through the whole block, but rather have a random, angled trajectory through the blocks, in a way that you can't see the end of the street from the beginning of the street, kind of like what The Ritchie Group is planning for block 67.