View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 12, 2019, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prairieguy View Post
So the recent upgrade construction at Saskatoon airport in terms of drop off, rental, valet service is coming to an end with the erection of the signage. We are talking about the massive over road signage. Unfortunately, there seemed to be little thought about the placement of the signage!

Was picking someone up last evening as they were finishing the installation. I can't recall which 2 overhead signs they were, but ones close to where you turn off into the parking lot are placed maybe 5 metres apart....so as you drive towards them, you cannot see the 2nd sign as it is hidden by the first sign. As you pass under the first sign, you have little to no time to see what the second sign behind it says.

This seems like it should have been obvious in the plans...and if not....then it should have been clear when the standards went up!

Makes you wonder sometimes.....
I’m sitting at the airport right now waiting for my wife’s flight to arrive. I read your post before I drove in and paid attention to it. I didn’t find the signs blocked each other at all. All the lanes aren’t open so it’s still a bit of cluster but the signage was clear and easy to read.