View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 8, 2019, 5:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetsuo View Post
To be honest I feel like Oakridge mall park is going to end up like the city in the Park development's "Versailles" park behind Edmonds St.

Fountain and all is nice, but is seldom used by people outside the development, except for wedding photos in the summer it seems.
It's also attached to a Community Centre. Sure, it's shaped like a courtyard, but it should become obvious to anyone after living there a few years the park is intended for the public use. If not...so sad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VancouverOfTheFuture View Post
true, and without the thousands of new units and residents moving in, those 3 parks existed.

there is a ratio of park space to residents in a certain area the city wants to keep. and i have to say that more park space the better. all these places going in have no green space at all so it needs to be offset with new green-space. the current number of resident are served but with all the new ones, you need new park space.

also, parks on a roof is a terrible idea for usability from a neighbourhood stand point. i know Oakridge is some big new thing, but i am leery if people who use it will actually be from outside the development.
No, only 2- One of them is Oakridge T. Centre Park. There's also mini-parks going into the Heather Lands. Oakridge is not an area lacking in green space.