View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 15, 2020, 5:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waves View Post
I have been following along and have much to add, but in my typical fashion, it takes a while for me to get the time to put stuff together. However, Bdawe's comment on WCE got me thinking of something: West Coast Express/LRT Submerged Tunnel. Max depth is 15m along the whole route and there is ample space to accommodate a 2% grade. LRT local service, WCE peak service to Squamish and Whistler. You'd essentially get a two-for-one commuter and rail rapid transit (albeit with manual drivers). I imagine it would be well after a Skytrain link to Central Lonsdale, whenever that is. West-Vancouverites would probably love it (yeh know LRT euopean craze whooha and all). Buying the railway back would be an issue. The seafloor is thick cap river sediment so it should be easy to dredge.

I might put out something more detailed later when I have time but for now:
Another genius post that's going to have me redoing my fantasy instead of sleeping...

Let me get this straight: you would have LRT connect from Waterfront to West Van, WCE to Horseshoe Bay, and a Skytrain connection (whichever route that may take)? At the moment it seems like overkill with the LRT part as the North Shore would then have all of those modes of transportation PLUS seabus. But I am definitely one for investing for future growth. It sounds so crazy that it just might work .

Any clarity on your vision would be greatly appreciated.

Pinterest - I use this social media platform to easily add pictures into my posts on this forum. Plus there are great architecture and city photos out there as well.

Last edited by scryer; Feb 15, 2020 at 5:46 PM.