View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 22, 2009, 6:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco(bsu) Fan View Post
And BSU wouldn't benefit from playing ranked teams in Conference and OOC, a higher SOS, higher revenues from Bowls, TV Contracts, better competition in Basketball and other sports, etc? BSU wouldn't benefit from being in a much more respected conference, one that has a firmer financial situation, offers better competition, and recruits better despite the fact that ESPN doesn't carry MWC home games?

Boise State is rapidly transforming their academic and athletic programs before our very eyes in the crappy situation they stuck in with the WAC. Imagine what we could do with even more money and a fairly possible AQ bid if we were to join the MWC. The MWC is not over-hyped, and I'm fairly sure that the MWC would offer competition in all sports that is light years ahead of anything the WAC could muster.

Besides even though its all about "prestige" I'm pretty sure average GPA of incoming students, retention percentage, the amount of money granted to the school for research, and doctorate-level programs might have something to do with it, and right now we don't even stack up to the MWC, let alone the PAC-10. We are improving, and the further away we can get from the "BJC" legacy the more it will. The first two will improve themselves over time due to the spinning off of community college programs to CWI.

Now, enough about this, lets discuss some football.

Hey if you ever want to get real with MWC discussions, let me know, I post on a high traffic MWC board.. Some think I'm anti-BSU but I'm not, I just have a hard time with some delusional BSU fans.. Guys like you get the big picture though..

Honestly, I think success has got to some of your fanbase's head but it's really nice to see some rational BSU fans posting..

PM me if you're interested. You seem like a big CFB nut like me..

Last edited by utenation; Sep 22, 2009 at 7:17 AM.