View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 17, 2012, 1:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith P. View Post
More Ecology Action Center nonsense. Rezone people's land to make it undevelopable and worthless, to try and force development into the core where, of course, you cannot build what you want anyway.

Nice Eastern Bloc thinking there, EAC.

"Greenbelting" will hopefully soon go the way of greenwashing as just more environmental sleght-of-hand, only this time as practiced by the eco-terrorists. It is high time HRM rids itself of the EAC trying to make us all live in somewhat stubby commie blocks.
I don't necessarily see a problem with this idea, but I think if this is going to go forward then either the Province or City should begin to expropriate land to achieve it. To simply rezone and take development rights away, I don't agree with for this purpose.

I also don't have an issue with parking garages coming off Pepperell - I would think that there would be a high level of traffic on the street from people attempting to find street parking and then going to the area. Plus, I too, don't believe you'd see as many cars as one would expect for infill development.