View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 21, 2017, 9:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorontoDrew View Post
\

Laugh all you want, we have a better team then you right now and easily for the next several years. The Sens, possibly the smallest fan base in Canada. If by some fluky reason you get past the Bruins yuo won't make it out of second round when you have to face a team with some depth.

It wasn't tough to back up my statement.
1. I'll start with your statement about the Sens having the smallest fan base in Canada. Your right. The Ottawa market has around 1.3 million people and the NHL fan base is split between 3 teams; Sens, Habs and Leafs. I've said that a million times on this very forum. So what's your point?

2. Second statement; Leafs better than the Sens? Ottawa finished with 98 points and secured second place in the division, while Toronto held on to the last Wild Card spot with 95 points. Ottawa had 4 more wins than Toronto during the regular season. Ottawa won 3 of 4 games against Toronto. I think, I think... that makes Ottawa the better team.

3. Ottawa winning against Boston would be a fluke? We beat them in every single game during the regular season. Was that a fluke?

Now I'm going to do something that a Leafs fan could never do for Ottawa; give credit to the Toronto Maple Leafs;

a. The Ottawa vs. Boston series will be a whole lot easier than Toronto vs. Washington. OT and Beantown are, on paper, evenly matched and Ottawa for the most part dominates the Bruins all day long. Toronto on the other hand has to face the best team in the NHL. So your right again; when Ottawa makes it to the second round to face a better team, it will get harder. But the same can be said for everyone else. That's the point of the Playoffs, best teams win each series.

b. The Leafs have gone a long way since last year. With good coaching and solid young guys like Mathews and Marner, they were able to go from dead-last in 2015-2016 to a playoff spot in 2016-2017. That's pretty respectable. Only Edmonton was able to do better.