View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 12, 2008, 4:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Gull View Post
I was under the impression that TransLink didn't support the Streetcar system at this point -- at least the old board didn't. Perhaps the new regime at TransLink will give it a second look? If so, it could be an opportunity for them (the board members) to show they're worth their increased salaries.
I don't think they supported construction of the Streetcar system. They had said yesterday that Translink would have no hand in any of the construction. Remember some of this is still just speculation on the media's part but it was basically:

1) Translink will not kick in any money nor be a part of the construction
2) Translink would be asked to administer the fair system and collection of money

As I see it, I'm sure a fee would be collected by translink for administering the fair system so you have a situation where they can make some extra money without huge capital costs (covered by the P3). I can't see why Translink would say no to that chance.

Who knows though if it turns out to be reality. I do think though that if left to Translink, the line would never be built so you're correct in that assumption.