View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 25, 2012, 2:54 AM

But the real question is who would take the bus when they already own a car? Even if I owned a car I would still use the bus as much as possible to save on gas. But I would still take my car to the mall.

I understand that you are trying to advocate how realistic the bus could be when doing casual shopping, as I personally take the bus to the mall currently. But that doesn't change the fact that it is a pain in the but to wait fifteen minutes for the bus to arrive, whilst holding your bags etc. etc.

I personally don't really find that to be an issue, but when compared to the amount of time driving a car to your back door would take. It is a no brainer.

That being said. I won't own a car, and will be using the bus for general transportation when I move to Winnipeg. However, if I am going to the suburbs or to a mall, I will ride with someone from my family or borrow a vehicle.

I will be living downtown, and will be using downtown malls as much as possible anyways. But it is obvious that they don't offer the amenities that Polo Park etc. provide. And waiting/walking for the bus to go to the mall doesn't seem worth it, which even confuses myself because I would take the bus to a football/hockey game, or a movie.