View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 9, 2010, 9:33 PM
aka GM on SSC

Quote:
Originally Posted by plinko View Post
This is a trip I REALLY REALLY would like to do some day.
Then just do it !
I remember last April I was wondering what I would do during the summer. Then I thought "Hey why not cross Eurasia ?"... and three months later I was in the Transsiberian.
And I don't regret it !

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinghis View Post
Some day, some day. I'm very jealous, nice pictures. If you have a clearer, or larger, one of that train engine I could read the sign and let you know what it was. I'm kind of curious.

I'm curious about the guys in camouflage in #55 ... Homeless? Poachers or hunters? Just your normal everyday folk headed out into the forest to gather mushrooms? Fascinating.
I will post more pics of the trains in the Part Four thread (about Mongolia).
About the guys in camouflage... well I can't answer your questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FREKI View Post
That's one looong train trip in a room so packed... hats off to you sir..

Looks very interesting though, so thanks for sharing!
Yeah the room seems so small at first sight ! But along the journey, you become used to it.
And, you don't have to stay in the room all the day. You can move in the train, go visit your "neighbors" in the other compartments, go eat some overpriced food and drink some cheap (but bad) vodka in the restaurant car.
Moreover the train stops several times a day. The stops last from 2 minutes up to 30 minutes... so you can walk around during these stops. There are always women who sell some food to the passengers in the train stations.

Coming next :
Part Three : Baikal lake and Irkoutsk.
Part Four : Mongolia, Ulan Bator and the Gobi desert.
Part Five : China.

Last edited by Nantais; Oct 10, 2010 at 12:46 AM.