View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 26, 2009, 6:46 PM
Jubilee on the Bay !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alon504 View Post
It seems weird driving to Florida and going through Mobile---obviously Mobile is a larger city, but, metro Pensacola is significantly larger than Metro Mobile population wise. I was reading the almanac today and came across some interesting stats. I think Mobile is a lovely place, but, I was shocked to see the population stats Says in 2007 Pensacola Metro had 453,451 and Mobile had 404,406. And get this...Tallahassee had 352,319. I thought Tallahassee was larger than Pensacola! I guess things don't always seem as they are when you are driving through on an interstate. Interesting stuff....not significant stuff, but, interesting.

Metro Mobile MSA is just Mobile County only which is 404,406 While Pensacola`s MSA includes Escambbia County, Santar Rosa County and Okaloosa County that all makes up a populatiopn of 453,451. Since Baldwin county( 172,000 +) is no longer considerd a part of Mobile`s MSA but CSA which is a combind population of around 580,000.

Mobile County(MSA) 404, 406 is larger in population compared to Escambia County(Pensacola) which is 306,407. the other two counties that make up there MSA puts them on a larger MSa than Mobile.