View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 20, 2018, 1:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDartmouthMark View Post
what happens if somebody backs it into a tree and doesn't report it, or spills an entire coffee on the seat. Where's the proof that you didn't do it if you are the next one who gets it?
You do a quick walk around the car when you get there, and if there are issues you give the hotline a call to report it. In my experience, people are pretty good about leaving cars clean. In my 1.5 years using it I did have one time where I showed up to a crack in the windshield. I called it in, and since it wasn't obstructing safe use of the vehicle I used it. If it had made the vehicle inoperable they would have got me a cab.

Quote:
Maybe I'm alone in this forum, but I just can't help but appreciate skillful driving, and enjoy trying to perfect my own skills as such.

Ken Block
I too very much enjoy driving... when I'm focused on the driving: weekend road trips on winding secondary highways, etc. But I'd say 98% of the driving I have to do is a chore. It's dealing with traffic, and a-holes who tailgate or swing in front of you without signalling, or driving boring 100-series highways. I suspect we'll never see people-driven cars truly go away. Instead they'll just become a hobby (probably for the wealthy or semi-wealthy), just like horses did. And yeah, Ken Block is epic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveHalifax
You were also required to book a return time which left no freedom for spontaneity.
They now have "Flex" cars, which are open-ended for booking (i.e. you don't need to pre-select an end time), and can be dropped off anywhere in certain designated areas (a lot of the Peninsula, and Downtown Dartmouth). The Flex cars definitely make spontaneous trips much more possible.