View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 2, 2013, 5:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch City View Post
Very true to an extent, but keep in mind too, however, that prior to and during the recession St. Louis had some great proposals to come off paper into reality. In addition to recent announcements, many things are percolating behind the scenes. When finally announced, the latest proposals (corporate, hotel, residential and mixed-use) will be posted here, of course.

Also, it depends on what people are looking for. I'm sure the proposed Wilshire Grand Tower and Hudson Yards will be nice too, but I've posted on the two-phased $1.2-billion Washington University Medical Center expansion - one of the largest medical campus expansions underway in the country - as well as the still-under-construction CORTEX district, which is a major deal in the national scientific and research community. Total build-out development could reach $1-billion. If that is "small potatoes" to some then either some expectations are too high are they are simply trolling.

Whatever the case, I won't be deterred from posting what I want.

I agree. stlnabedev is an awesome blog. Although a lot of the bigger projects (Chemical Building, Arcade, Roberts Tower etc.) are covered, he covers the nooks and crannies ie. "small potatoes" development in St. Louis City - and does an excellent job. I don't post all of those smaller projects here because they are too numerous - plus I haven't gotten permission to use his photos.

Overall, a lot of the numerous smaller projects, in my opinion, are better than the larger projects in totality because block-by-block St. Louis is restoring itself.

Too bad the recession slowed things down, but things are picking up again - both small and large projects.

Nonetheless, I will continue posting large, small, urban and suburban projects - including signs, sculptures and malls.
Cool, im glad St.Louis has some decent projects. Look forward to seeing updates on those.

And you're right. I can't hate on outlets, sculptures, and signs on buildings. It's the little things like those that go a long way.

Well, post away, then fella. We can never have too many outlet mall pictures.