View Single Post
Old Posted May 5, 2015, 3:35 AM
Love Austin

Arrow East Austin Developments

As I live across the street from this site I'm happy to post its progress. Thanks for finding Urbanizer

2400 East 6th (just west of Pedernales and south of Hidalgo) was recently rezoned to 'CS-V' and is slated to have 208 homes plus ground floor retail. http://tcr.com/new_development/alexan-east-6th/.

According to a Trammell Crow rep I contacted they look to break ground within the next 60 days. The current plan is to allow pedestrian and bike access to the western side of the property (next to the Cap Metro line) between 6th and Hidalgo which is huge! The grid in this area is amazing and I'm happy that TRC had the foresight to include this important connection.

Here's an early rendering:

And here is the site as seen from my balcony:

The project includes the western half of this property. If you look carefully at the above photo and can make out the long wall with the ~20' wide overhead door, this building and it's neighbor to the east (one building but the roof makes it look like two) will remain and is still zoned 'LI' I believe.

Last edited by KevinFromTexas; Jun 23, 2015 at 6:40 AM. Reason: Added thread icon