View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 7, 2015, 11:03 PM
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILUVSAT View Post
I do not find this to be true at all. Take a look around the world. In fact, take a look 75 miles south of you...see me waiving? Weston Urban is going to build a new office tower in SA and Frost Bank will be somehow incorporated in its name.
The difference there is that will be Frost Bank's headquarters, not just rented space. I think the idea is that since the public has developed a lower view of banks these days, that it's unfavorable to slap their names on your buildings. I think it's a silly sentiment, though, since the public has next to no relationship with real estate companies anyway. Not to mention the public can develop an unfavorable view for just about any company anyway that might make them biased against it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AusTxDevelopment View Post
Actually, they are not naming the tower Austin Music Hall - they are keeping the Austin Music Hall brand-name and "will search for a smaller site elsewhere in the city where it might be able to open a new music venue.", per the Statesman article.

They will probably name it 208 Nueces, unless they get a high profile tenant that they can name it after, for example Frost Bank Tower, Chase Tower, Bank of America Tower, etc. Although naming a building after a bank is falling out of favor among real estate developers and owners.
I see. Thanks for clearing that up.

Thou shall not indict