View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 16, 2017, 7:43 PM

^ Same unavoidable trend over here. Massive (foreign) investments in a couple of soccer teams and the rugby league, then tickets and every single related thing growing unaffordable to the most humble. They sell a random PSG jersey well over €100, which is funny.

I don't really know what to think about that. On one hand, I like it, as it obviously helps our teams become more notorious on the international stage. On the other, I find it pitiful when people like to go to the stadium to cheer their sport heroes. It makes no sense if they can no longer afford a regular ticket. I guess they should cheer their very local teams instead of bigger regional ones when they turn out unaffordable on a weekly basis.

The French have been reluctant about hilarious salaries in professional, top-level sports. But most of us can't fully grasp globalization yet, whether it would be better or harsh effects of it.

Moreover, and on another note, I'd love the Euro basketball scene to finally rival the NBA more seriously. That's where we need more money.