View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 5, 2008, 1:21 AM
World Machine

To me this is a ‘you either love it or hate it building.’ I happen to love it in every regard. Amusingly when I look at this building I do think of JPMorganChase, and it’s not intentional given the fact that this building was designed for JPMorgan. I think the architect hit the nail on the head in designing the building to reflect its tenant.

Regardless of what you think, at this point it’s safe to say that this building is an iconic feature to the Downtown skyline. The details of the building, right down the columns at the upper half (which I think are very cool) are very elegant and, to me, reflect the term; corporation. The building just has a very posh elegance to it that is present at the base and in the public atrium, as well as throughout every inch of the building.

The public atrium is downright beautiful in my liking, and I think misses the mark in being considered gaudy elegance (that you’ll find in Trump Tower). It’s true elegance, and from my understanding the office space is very classy and provides excellent views (which is obvious).

Like I said in a previous post, this is in my top five list of favorite buildings. It has always struck my fancy and continues to keep my starring every time I come in view of it.