View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 27, 2016, 11:17 PM
Vancouver Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoNeurons View Post
Wow, great work sweetnhappy.

I, for one, would LOVE to see a station at Woodlands.

I'm curious why a station at QE Park hasn't happened though. Is that place waiting for development? I thought the whole Cambie corridor is being densified.
Quote from the Project Planner: "33rd and 57th Avenue stations would only be built with a large developer contribution, should future land use plans support developments of the necessary scale. 33rd would be a particular challenge given the adjacency to Queen Elizabeth Park."

I expect that Woodlands, and the Evergreen extension potential stations at Queens and Falcon would only ever be built if a deal like that which was reached for Lincoln station, or the one being worked on for Capstan station were put into motion. This means large densities and developer contributions. YVR's potential station could be built if the terminal is extended even further east than currently planned, at some point in the next few decades.

Some news on Capstan Way station from September:

Quote:
City spokesperson Ted Townsend told the Richmond News procuring funding for the $25 million Capstan Way Canada Line station through development fees is about 40 per cent complete.

The station’s timeline is dependent on development permits being issued and Townsend said there appears to be no sign of slowing down after the city saw a record level of construction in 2015.
From: http://www.richmond-news.com/news/ne...mond-1.2338577

Some news on the 57th Avenue station from March:

Quote:
The Onni Group and its partners will provide TransLink with the funds to construct a new SkyTrain Canada Line station at the intersection of 57th Avenue and Cambie Street to serve the redevelopment of Vancouver Coastal Health’s (VCH) Pearson Dogwood lands and the surrounding neighbourhood.

But the station is likely many years away as detailed planning has yet to be performed and the developer still needs to raise the money, which will be generated by the 3.1-million-square-foot redevelopment.
From: http://www.vancitybuzz.com/2016/03/c...venue-station/

Last edited by red-paladin; Oct 27, 2016 at 11:42 PM.